Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Three months to go!

Hello! It's hard to believe that June is already here, and we have just three months until little Peanut Butter makes her debut! (Prepare the marquee! For some reason the Muppet movie is coming to mind with all of the characters running every which way trying to get ready.)

We had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend attending our friends Aaron and Arian's wedding in the Berkshires. We had a great time!! I'm sure you're all dying to know...did the dress fit?! Yes -- thank goodness! (She looked beautiful!!! Glowing, some would say...see for yourself in the pic). And Todd looked as handsome as ever in his tux. (Did the tux fit? Sadly, not the one I wore way back when at our wedding so I needed to rent a tux...this pregnancy is rough on the ol' waistline). We got a chance to catch up with our friends Kate and Nate (Kate is pregnant too), Mara and David (they had their first baby just a few months ago), and Bragg and Haley (no pressure guys...), plus Aaron and Arian, of course. At the reception we spent most of the night on the dance floor. (Something had to take the place of drinking our faces off). It seems that Peanut Butter likes to dance as much as her parents!

In the cab on the way home from the airport, Todd got to see Peanut Butter moving. We've been feeling her move for several weeks now but this was Todd's first time actually seeing my belly contracting. (Weird, gross, freaky, but inexplicably amazing...It is a little bit like the movie Alien or moving your hand underneath the covers in bed...It is weird to think that she may actually be reacting to us).

In other strange pregnancy news, last week I went to Atlanta for work and experienced a very weird thing...strangers guessing the sex of my baby. (My baby? What happened to our baby?). It began after I went through security at O'Hare. The TSA agent watching the belt looked at me and said, "Girl." I was confused and just looked at him. He said it again. Finally, he looked down at my belly and said, "Girl" one more time (yeah, he thought I was an idiot). I finally got his meaning and said yes it was a girl. He turned to the woman next to him and said he could just tell and he was "28 for 32." Weird. Then in Atlanta I was sitting in my cubicle at The Home Depot when a guy walked by and said, "Girl?" I was hip to this game now and said yes, it was a girl. (Ironically, anyone that uses the word "hip" is not). Finally, in the Atlanta airport on my way home I walked by two security guards and one called out, "Good luck with your boy!" I turned and said, "Thank you! But it's a girl!" Is it just me or is it really weird that strange men seem to like guessing the sex of my baby? (Again with this my baby crap...jeez...I guess only one of us will be changing diapers).

Moving on, this past weekend we took another big step and went to Babies R Us to pick out the essentials for raising a perfect child. I must say that I am a very big fan of Expectant Mother parking. If you have to be big and uncomfortable for a bunch of months, why not enjoy parking close to your destination? (Listen up guys, stick with your woman on these trips...close parking rocks).

For those of you who have been following this blog, you might (justifiably) assume that this trip to Babies R Us would be an exercise in futility or at least a really painful experience for all involved. However, this time we were armed with tons of information and recommendations from Todd's sister Alissa and our cousin Debbie. There is absolutely no way we could have made it through without them! (Wow is that an understatement...this is how it went...hey, look at these 97 choices in X baby item that we never knew existed...which one should we pick? What did Alissa and Debbie say? Ok, go with that). It's just too bad they couldn't come along in person to show us exactly how to use the things that they recommended...I had no idea you needed three advanced degrees to figure out how to collapse a freaking umbrella stroller, not to mention attach the tray to a high chair. Heaven help our poor little Peanut Butter...the pictures tell the story even better:





(For the record, Ms. Mom-to-be also had issues, but she controlled the camera). Totally true! My battle with the umbrella stroller was epic. Todd was laughing too hard to take pictures. (Classic!)

We nearly forgot! The highlight of the week was finding out that Alissa was having a girl, too! (Woo hoo!) Now Peanut Butter will have someone to play with when we go to Syracuse. We can't wait to see our two little girls side by side at Thanksgiving!!

So there you have it...another episode in Todd and Sarah's grand adventures in pregnancy. We'll post another update soon. In the meantime, thanks as always for following along and for all of your good wishes and advice. Having our friends and family share this time with us means so much. Now bring on the third trimester!

1 comment:

  1. You were in Atlanta?
    Glad the pregnancy is going well.

    ReplyDelete