Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Where did May go?

My goodness...I can't believe we're more than halfway through May! (Gulp...less than 3 1/2 months to go).

Shortly after our last post we spent a great weekend in Syracuse (thus the orange color tonight for my writing) to celebrate Todd's adorable nephew Zachary's second birthday (super cute and already a golfer) and his sister Alissa receiving her MBA. She works full time, has a two year old son and got her MBA...if I didn't love her I would hate her. (Sarah wrote that line...I learned long ago that Alissa aces school without breaking a sweat...unlike me, to whom the word 'homework' still sends me into a panic attack...and then I have to go ahead and marry a girl that loves school, too...but of course she would, she got straight A's...I just hope my daughter takes after the women in my life). The weekend also marked my first official Mother's Day. Not surprisingly, my too good to be true husband treated me like a queen all day. (I treat her like a queen every day...what? Am I an idiot?). It was great to see everyone and show off my growing belly.

Last weekend was a dream weekend for me -- running tons of errands and crossing lots of things off of our pre-baby to do list! (We have a list? And no, this was not a dream weekend for me.) We even bought a few little outfits for Peanut Butter. Peanut Butter you ask? Yes, our little one has now become known in our house as Peanut Butter. Not only does it sound great with Pinsky (try it...Peanut Butter Pinsky...they just go so well together!) but now that we know our little one is a girl, Barack doesn't really fit anymore. Truth be told, I would have happily continued calling her Barack but Todd put his foot down. I think he was afraid I would seriously consider naming her that. (Does anyone doubt that left to her own devices, she would?)

Our Memorial Day weekend will be spent in the Berkshires at Todd's friend Aaron's wedding. You know what's not fun? Buying maternity clothes. You know what's even less fun? Looking for formal maternity dresses! (And what is less fun that that? Looking for formal maternity dresses with your wife. I mean, c'mon, clothes shopping with your wife is stressful enough. It's like a never ending oral exam that is graded on a pass/fail basis. If you fail, life sucks, trust me...ask any guy you know...they'll know what I'm talking about. Seriously though, it actually wasn't that bad for me because the number of dresses to try on is actually quite limited, so it goes pretty quick.) Let me tell you what I just can't understand. Why is it that designers seem so convinced every pregnant woman likes ruffles? Seriously, you can't avoid them. Either the top is ruffled or the bottom has some weird ruffles on it. Do they think that ruffles somehow disguise or distract people from the fact that a woman is pregnant? All they do is make you look even more puffy and boy, isn't that every pregnant woman's dream. (She looks great...even in ruffles...the other pregnant girls probably hate her). Given my rapidly expanding body I didn't want to buy a dress for the wedding too early, which necessitated the last minute shopping. As luck would have it, we found a very nice, non-ruffled dress at the first store we went to on our quest.

Meanwhile, Peanut Butter has been really active the last few weeks. It's still strange to feel her moving around but when I'm home and Todd and I can feel her kick together, it's very sweet. (Sarah only cries every 2 hours or so about how cute it is.) Those are my favorite moments by far. The other night she had the hiccups and that was pretty cute. (Super, super, super cute...very weird, but very adorable.) Nothing else new to report at the moment...but we will update again soon. Keep your fingers crossed that the dress still fits now that a whole week has gone by. (It better fit or I'm high-tailing out of the Berkshires.) Talk to everyone soon! (Have a great Memorial Day!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Umm...did you forget to post an adorably-cute pregnant photo with this post? :)

    ReplyDelete