As you can see in the picture, my belly has officially arrived. This morning it took me several extra minutes to find a pair of pants that fit and I don't think I have too many more options. I don't think I'm ready (emotionally or physically) for full-on maternity pants but I don't think they're too far off, either!!
Other than my bfb (big fat belly as we lovingly call it), there is thankfully not too much else to report. I guess that's good news pregnancy-wise but probably makes for a boring blog! We're in our 15th week now and the second trimester is shaping up to be what most people say it should be. Generally I feel great and my nausea is definitely lessening. That's good for Todd, who is practically wasting away from not having normal dinners (okay, wasting away may be overstating things a bit but it's a definite plus for him to have this pass).
I'm dealing with all the same really weird things that women experience with pregnancy. Some make me laugh because they're so absurd (why does my stomach itch so much?!). Like all pregnant women eventually do, I've come to the realization that no matter how many people you know who have had kids or how many books you read or how great a doctor you have, there's just a lot of crazy stuff that you can't prepare for. For the most part, though, I'm really loving being pregnant. I know I have tougher months ahead so I'm trying to enjoy each day and not look ahead too much. It helps to have an amazing husband going through this with me. Fortunately, he finds the same things I do funny and hasn't been horrified by anything (or at least he's smart enough not to tell me that he has -- I'll let him blog about those another day!).
That's all for now. Thanks to everyone for your continued good wishes and for following along as Barack continues to change our lives. We are so lucky to have the friends and family we do...it's a wonderful feeling to know our child is going to come into the world surrounded by so much love.
Your big fat belly?!?! I am laughing aloud right now!! :)
ReplyDeleteSarah, that's a normal belly for those of us not superhuman like you!
ReplyDeleteMiss you, Rosebud.